Below is a summary of Pioneer Technology Center’s current processes and privacy policies. It is not intended to be a legally binding contract.
Your privacy is of great importance to us. Information that you submit will be held in strictest confidence and will be used only by Pioneer Technology Center to provide admissions, registration, enrollment, and other similar services. The information you submit will be used:
- For communication with you regarding the classes in which you enroll, which may include contacting you when class or schedule changes occur.
- To meet legal reporting requirements of the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
- To notify you of our future offerings.
- To conduct necessary Pioneer Technology Center business and meet our responsibilities to you as a Pioneer Tech student, such as enrolling in your chosen courses.
Pioneer Tech collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. PTC Software also may collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Pioneer Tech for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of Pioneer Tech's website.
Pioneer Tech encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Pioneer Tech so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Pioneer Tech is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the PTC family of Web sites.
Use of Personal Information
Pioneer Tech collects and uses your personal information to operate the PTC Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Pioneer Tech also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Pioneer Tech and its affiliates. PTC may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Pioneer Tech does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. PTC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
In addition, Pioneer Tech may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Pioneer Tech, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Pioneer Tech does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Pioneer Tech keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within PTC, in order to determine what Pioneer Tech services are the most popular. This data may be used to deliver customized content and advertising within Pioneer Tech to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Pioneer Tech Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on PTC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Pioneer Tech; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Pioneer Tech, or the public.
- Google Analytics is a statistical and analytics service used widely across the Web by a large number of websites. The service allows us to see aggregate information on statistics such as how many visitors we are getting to the website, where in the world they are located (based on Google’s understanding of where your Internet connection may be – we can not see exact location details), what pages are most visited, referring sites, and other reporting information that helps us analyze the usage of our website and services. You can opt out of Google Analytics (on all websites, not just ours) by using their currently available opt out.
- Facebook provides us with conversion tracking technology. This technology allows us to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns and advertise to users on Facebook based on their previous visits to our website. We can also use this custom audience information to exclude visitors from our advertising so as to reach new users who have not previously visited our site in a recent period of time. You can find instructions on how to opt out of targeted advertising via Facebook (on all websites, not just ours) on the aboutads.info/choices website.
Changes to this Statement
Pioneer Tech will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. PTC encourages you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how Pioneer Tech is protecting your information.
Safe and Secure
We are very aware of the need for Internet security, and make every effort to prevent others from inadvertently or maliciously gaining access to your records.