HEERF III Scholarship
- The HEERF III Scholarship is coming to an end soon.
- To apply for Pioneer Tech’s HEERF III Scholarship, you must complete a 2021-22 or 2022-23 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and complete the online Scholarship Application. The links are at the top of this page. If you have completed a FAFSA application within the last few years, you may have an FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) and you may be able to renew your FAFSA instead of completing a new FAFSA application.
- Click on the FAFSA link above or you can download the myStudentAid app to complete it on your phone. The FAFSA.gov website is not phone friendly.
- If you are unsure of how to answer a question and need assistance you can use Aidan, the financial aid virtual assistant (automated feature on lower right-hand side of the screen) or call the help line at 1-800-4-FED-AID / 1-800-443-3243.
- The easiest way to complete the financial portion of the FAFSA is to Link to the IRS and use the DRT (Data Retrieval Tool) to pull in your “2019” tax information. This tool will put the right numbers from your tax return into the correct boxes on your FAFSA. When you have completed the FAFSA, don’t forget the SIGN & SUBMIT your application. You should receive an email indicating you have successfully submitted your FAFSA application.
- To qualify for the HEERF III Scholarship, your net household income must be under $100,000. However, if your Adjusted Gross Income for your household was $100,000 or more in 2019 and is less than $100,000 now, you may still qualify for the Scholarship. Complete the FAFSA using your 2019 tax information using the DRT. Then contact the Financial Aid Officer to discuss your specific situation. You will be required to provide documentation to show the reduction in household income.
- If you have another entity or organization paying the cost for you to take the class, you will not receive this scholarship. This scholarship is to assist those that otherwise would not be able to take a class.
- The funds are available on a first come, first serve basis for those who qualify. The HEERF III Scholarship is funded through a grant and once these funds have been exhausted, the scholarship will no longer be available.
- It may take a week or more after your FAFSA application has been successfully completed and your PTC application has been completed to be approved for the training you have requested.
- When your FAFSA application is complete and has been reviewed, you will receive an email saying your FAFSA has been completed successfully. The email may also say that you do not qualify for FAFSA but this does not affect your HEERF III Scholarship.
- As a government requirement, this Scholarship can only be used for tuition/fees, books/supplies, housing, food, technology, course materials, child care, or health care.