Do you have a desire to serve your community? Do you feel called to help drive the positive change society is craving?
A career in law enforcement is a commitment to the service of others, justice, and the greater good.
Communities trust law enforcement officers to maintain the law, combat crime and protect the ideals of justice our country was founded upon. While a career in law enforcement is often stressful and potentially dangerous, it is an incredibly rewarding career with the power to positively impact the communities and lives around you.
Someone with a natural ability to communicate, social awareness, and compassion for others are generally able to leverage those skills to complement their professional training, and ultimately produce a quality law enforcement professional.
If you desire a career you can be proud of, and are motivated by working towards something greater than yourself, you are invited to apply for Pioneer Tech’s Basic Peace Officer Certification Academy.
As a CLEET-authorized technology center, Pioneer Tech is providing a new route to Basic Peace Officer Certification in the state of Oklahoma.
Students should expect intense, rigorous training.
Pioneer Tech is offering the 600 training hours CLEET requires for the Basic Peace Officer Certification.
The hands-on training will provide realistic training scenarios from highly qualified instructors. Students will be held to the highest standard and evaluated on their ability to demonstrate their competency and ability for all aspects of the training program. Our curriculum meets all CLEET-mandated basic peace officer requirements and includes training in the following areas:
- Ethics, report writing, & legal matters
- Community & human relations
- The National Incident Management System (NIMS 700 A)
- Traffic, Custody Control, Standardized Field Sobriety Test, & RADAR/LIDAR
- Firearms training
- Law Enforcement Driver Training & Patrol
- FIRST Aid/CPR
- Criminal investigation
- Practical Exercises
Interested students may schedule their POSSE and MMPI test with Pioneer Tech.
To schedule, contact Denise Tyson at 580-718-4279
All students must:
- Must be 21 years old prior to the first day of class
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must provide proof of United States citizenship or resident alien status
- Must pass the Physical Assessment prior to acceptance. The assessment will be administered by Pioneer Tech prior to acceptance.
- Must pass the reading, writing, and comprehension examination (POSSE exam – 70%)
- Must complete the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) examination and receive clearance from the reviewing psychologist
- Must complete and return the Academy Application (Commissioned application for commissioned officers, and Non-Commissioned application for non-commissioned officers) no later than 4 pm on June 15, 2022.
The application must be returned to Pioneer Tech at 2101 N. Ash, Ponca City, OK 74601
- Must have a background search submitted to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (included in the Academy application) and the returned report supplied to the Program Coordinator in an unopened envelope
- No Felony Convictions
- No Protective Orders
- Cannot have a deferred sentence agreement for a felony, a crime involving moral turpitude, or a crime of domestic violence
- Cannot have any criminal charges pending in any court in this state, any other state, in tribal court, or pursuant to the United States Code
- Cannot be currently undergoing treatment for a mental illness, condition, or disorder