Would you like to be a Board of Education member for Pioneer Technology Center?
We are looking for an individual to fill our vacant Zone 5 (refer to map below) board position. If you live in this area and meet the criteria please fill-out the application below and someone from Pioneer Tech will contact you. The PTC Board of Education meets in the evening on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Deadline for application is July 31st.
Board Member Criteria
- Any individual appointed to a vacant board position must meet the same requirements needed to file to be a candidate for a board position.
- The individual must have been a registered voter registered with the county election board at an address located within the geographical boundaries of the district for six months preceding the first day of the filing period.
- The individual must have resided within the school district for at least six months preceding the first day of the filing period.
- If the school district is divided into election districts, the required six months’ residency and voter registration must be within the election district of the board seat that is up for election.
- The individual cannot have been convicted of, or have pled guilty or no contest to, a felony under state or federal law or a misdemeanor involving embezzlement. Any person having a record of any of these crimes is ineligible to file for the school board position pending appeal or for a period of 15 years following completion of the sentence.
- The individual must hold a high school diploma or certificate of high school equivalency in order to be a candidate for service on a board of education.
- The individual must not be related within the second degree by blood or marriage to a current school district employee or current member of the board of education of the district for which the candidate is seeking office. An exception applies to members of boards of education who were serving on September 1, 1995, and are related to another board member or a school employee by affinity (excepting spouse). These members are not prohibited from serving the term for which they were elected or from serving successive terms for which they may be elected. [70 O.S. §5-113, S.L.O. §60].
- Board members must continue to meet the requirements for their school board position, or their seats shall be declared vacant.
Zone 5 borders