The North Central Oklahoma Center of Workforce Excellence brings together industry, education, workforce, and community partners to deliver a trained and ready workforce meeting the needs of current and future business and industry.
“A Center for Workforce Excellence is considered a one-stop-shop, but it definitely is not a one-size-fits-all for employers.
These specialized teams customize a workforce training and recruitment plan based on the labor needs of an employer and its
--Brent Kisling, Executive Director, Oklahoma Department of Commerce
A CWE leverages Oklahoma’s extensive secondary and post-secondary education assets with a network of employment-related agencies with proven results to benefit employers in specific industries through the following objectives:
- Each CWE is data-driven and designed to meet the specific need of the local economy and the predominant industry sector(s).
- The CWEs are led and supported by employer groups to ensure relevance and effectiveness.
- Each CWE engages all stakeholders in the process and leverages the expertise and resources to increase efficiency.
- The CWEs align educational pathways from K-12, CareerTech, and Higher Education providing articulation opportunities
1. To help Individuals understand both the skills that are required by employers and how to prepare for success.
2. To assist policymakers and stakeholders to measure and close skill gaps so that individuals and businesses can thrive.
3. To respond to employers' most urgent needs.
Drive the economy of the region: Healthcare; Manufacturing; Construction; Transportation; and Protective Service